Saturday 12 June 2010

Thing 4

Right, I now get to compare my blogging efforts with all those other fellow pilgrims on the Cam 23 journey. But who to examine first? Running my eye down the list on the left-hand side of the Cam 23 blog, suddenly makes me realise how eye catching my blog title might need to be if I'm ever going to be read! I immediately see that I could choose to go for the fairly innocuous ---'s 23 Things, or else I could try the rather crytic Girl in the Moon. Intrigued, I plumped for for MysteriousLane - well it had to be worth a try? Having read the blog, I thought it would only be polite to leave a comment. Next, I spy Impressions of a new(ish) librarian and jump in to see whether it is the new(ish) librarian I met at the Cam 23 launch - ok, so no. But the page was a very pretty shade of dusky pink and has made me think about a possible makeover here on Blog of the Year. Checking through several other blogs, I notice Today the Glass is Half Empty. Could this be a pessimistic librarian? I'm greeted by a post about Thing 6 (which shows I have some catching up to do) and a few comments I would not exactly describe as happy. I hope my own ramblings certainly live up to my own blog name.

Anyway, I could go on with my comments, but I'll conclude with some points of application.
1) Reading blogs can certainly be fairly addictive and time consuming, but I think I prefer reading about people I definitely know. Thanks to all of you out there who have been brave enough to reveal your identities - I'm not quite there yet! Strangely, I am reminded of the fact that not too long ago anonymity was quite common among the authors of many a significant work, now highly prized by our libraries today.
2) Being used to facebook, I am wondering how different that is as a concept to blogging. Obviously blog posts tend to be longer, but still it is way of sharing news, commenting on others' posts etc.
3) Most people are a bit further on than me with the 23 things - I am trying to keep up, honest!

1 comment:

  1. Thats an interesting point about facebook and blogging. It had never occurred to me but it does make sense, as everything you stick on FB does become like a post, saying what you are up to and interested in.

    ReplyDelete